Established in 1928, the Cup was presented by
Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Boyle of Ambler, PA. The
tournament is a mixed foursome for Class A
and Class B players and is played at the club
of the winners the following year.
The Qualifying Round originally began at 12:00
noon and all match play was set up at the
convenience of the players. The number of
flights of eight depended on the number of
The tournament was first played at alternate
drive and alternate shot but the Executive
Committee has the prerogative of changing
this if it so desires. In 1971 the tournament
format was changed to the Chapman System.
In 1956 play was limited to five flights of eight
pairs and match play times were fixed. In 1958
it was decided that sixteen pairs should
comprise the first or championship fight and all
other flights should be made up of eight pairs.