Callaway Golf Announces $1 Million FanBeat Challenge
CARLSBAD, Calif., February 28, 2018 -- There is $1 Million on the line, and you can get in on that action.
That's because Callaway Golf has announced a new $1 Million FanBeat Challenge presented by Golf Channel, which will debut during coverage of the WGC-Mexico Championship on Golf Channel and NBC with the first round to be played on March 1, 2018.
In this new live-action, play-along game, golf fans will answer trivia and predictive-play questions during PGA Tour tournament coverage for a chance to win $1 million and dozens of Callaway prizes.
How To Play:
- Fans will access the game on their phone or tablet at www.golfchannel.com/fanbeatchallenge.
- Prior to the tournament coverage, two pre-round questions are available to answer anytime.
- Additional questions are posted during breaks in the action of each round of the following four upcoming tournaments: WGC-Mexico Championship, Valspar Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, and WGC-Match Play Championship.
- Fans will answer fun questions like “Where did Phil Mickelson play his college golf?” or more predictive questions like “How many birdies will Sergio Garcia make on the back nine?”
- Fans earn points for each correct answer to move up the prize leaderboard during each round, and can earn chances to win additional “instant win” and tournament prizes just by participating.
- Fans who ace all questions during any of the up to 19 tournament rounds in the FanBeat Challenge will have a chance to win $1 million.
- Additional prizes offered by Callaway include a full set of clubs with custom fittings at the Ely Callaway Performance Center in Carlsbad, Ca, a new Callaway Rogue Driver, Odyssey Toulon Design Putters, and much more.
“We know golf fans have their phones and tablets with them as they watch golf,” said Ian Barrett, Callaway Senior Marketing Director. “And we’re partnering with FanBeat and The Golf Channel to create a new interactive viewing experience that engages with the live TOUR golf in a fun, educational, and potentially lucrative way.”
“With Callaway’s $1 Million FanBeat Challenge, Golf Channel and Callaway are truly setting a new standard for play-along fan experiences,” said Ed Trimble, FanBeat CEO. “This live-action game not only offers an exciting opportunity for golf viewers to answer questions and compete for a roster of awesome prizes, it also creates a unique two-way dialogue with viewers on the mobile device.”
For more on the official rules and how to participate, visit www.fanbeat.com/golfchannel/official_rules.
About Callaway Golf
Through an unwavering commitment to innovation, Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) creates products designed to make every golfer a better golfer. Callaway Golf Company manufactures and sells golf clubs and golf balls, and sells bags, accessories and apparel in the golf and lifestyle categories, under
the Callaway Golf®, Odyssey®, OGIO® and TravisMathew® brands worldwide. For more information please visit www.callawaygolf.com, www.odysseygolf.com, www.ogio.com, www.travismathew.com.