Jonah Texeira of USC and Beau Hossler of Texas
With teams this good, anything can happen. We'll
leave it to college golf expert Lance Ringler of Golfweek
give you his picks for this afternoon's semi-final
matches at the NCAA Men's Division I
Championships at Eugene Country Club in Oregon.
No. 1 Texas vs. No. 4 USC
Some history here with USC knocking Texas out
in the opening round last year at The Concession
Season series: Series is tied
at 2-2 (counting stroke play this week)
- Match 1: #1 Beau Hossler vs. #159 Andrew
- Match 2: #85 Scottie Scheffler vs. #69 Sean
- Match 3: #221 Taylor Funk vs. #13 Rico
- Match 4: #14 Doug Ghim vs. #156 Justin
- Match 5: #18 Gavin Hall vs. #90 Jonah
Before match play started, I had Texas
going to the finals; I will stick with that. The
Longhorns are favored in three of the five matches.
However, USC seems to be getting better and I
would not be surprised if the Trojans send the
Longhorns home again for the second consecutive
No. 2 Illinois vs. No. 6 Oregon
Illinois has a tough draw in its semifinal match
as it faces the host Oregon Ducks. Green will
probably outnumber the orange in the crowds, but
Illinois has seemed to play its best golf lately when
its backs are against the wall.
Season series: Illinois leads
2-0 (counting stroke play this week)
- Match 1: #15 Thomas Detry vs. #125 Thomas
- Match 2: #254 Edoardo Lipparelli vs. #334
- Match 3: #74 Nick Hardy vs. #154 Zach
- Match 4: #5 Charlie Danielson vs. #168
- Match 5: #46 Dylan Meyer vs. #7 Aaron
Illinois is favored in four of the five
matches and should have this one closed out before
Wise could even factor into the equation. Illinois
To view TV Times and live scoring links, click here.
ABOUT THE NCAA Division I Championship
30 teams and 6 individuals not on a qualifying
team make up the field for the championship of
Division I women's golf.
After 72 holes of stroke play, the individual
champion is crowned, and the low 8 teams advance
match play to determine the team champion.
View Complete Tournament Information