Oceanside Country Club's support and respect for the SALLY (Women's South Atlantic Amateur) is indicated by the continued sponsorship from 1926 and to the present. In 1951, F.E.C. (Flagler's company) sold the course to Merrill Elinor. Elinor made extensive improvements in the golf layout and renamed the course Elinor Village Country Club. In 1963, Elinor sold the golf club and property to the newly-formed Oceanside Country Club. The following year, the golf course was redesigned to permit the front and back nines to begin and end at the clubhouse. It was again renovated in 1993, mainly to improve drainage. It should be noted that the highest land areas are only 17 feet above sea level.
In 1998 Oceanside hired Bobby Weed, Golf Course Architect, as a consultant on a long-term plan to further improve and tweak the existing layout. Mr. Weed is the designer of the "Slammer and Squire" course at the new World of Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, FL.
The 15th hole was made more aesthetically pleasing and improvement to the Driving Range were completed. In 1999, several new tees were added to lengthen the course.
In 2001, the 12th hole was redesigned with a new green, bring the water more in play. Fairway bunkers were also add to the 13th hole, reducing the opportunity to fly the dogleg. the 17th hole as a new fairway bunker as well, along with a redesign approach into the green.