MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (Jan. 16, 2014) -- CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide - The World Leader in Sport Cleat Technology® and maker of innovative CHAMP spikes, high-performance golf tees and accessories - will unveil five grip models, the new Helix spike and the FLIX Pro Divot Tool at Booth 2629 during the PGA Merchandise Show, January 22-24 in Orlando, FL.
Extensive research and development led to the creation of four "full swing" grip options - C2, C4, C6 and C8 - and the C1 putter grip. Each is designed with a strong emphasis on technical innovation and game-improving performance, while incorporating attractive designs and colors. More information on each is available here and below.
CHAMP's new Helix cleat is engineered with a special green-friendly spiral design to minimize spike marks. It provides incredible stability and traction, while using advanced materials for maximum durability. The #1 Brand on Tour®, CHAMP spikes were used by winners in more than 50 events worldwide in 2013.
"The PGA Show has always been an ideal venue to introduce our products to new and existing customers, PGA professionals and the media," says Harris MacNeill, President and CEO of CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide. "We have grown so much in recent years and our entire global staff is excited about releasing the new grips and adding to the other categories that have been the hallmark of our business."
Also new for 2014 is the latest generation of the FLIX Divot Repair instrument, offered under the FLIX Pro moniker. While it shares the same design and structural strength of the original, the "Pro" model features a high-end aluminum and is available in three stunning new colors - silver, black and red. It includes a magnetically attached ball-marker that can be customized to highlight company, club or event logos and names.
Beyond the new products listed above, CHAMP will also exhibit its award-winning FLYtee lines and a variety of other premium accessories. Each will be on display at the company's booth and the new grips will be available for sampling at the Equipment Testing Center (hitting station #9). Details on the grips include:
• C8 ($15.99) - Most advanced technology and highest grade materials, including a new optimum feel Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) compound infused with Kevlar® for unmatched torque control and incredible wear resistance. Anti-shock layer and tacky texture combine to create excellent feel and comfort in all weather conditions.
• C6 ($9.99) - Two-tone rubber grip available in non-cord, half-cord and full-cord options, designed with extra support to dampen vibration and provide repeatable performance in all weather conditions.
• C4 ($5.99) - All rubber grip with unique diamond and curve design that delivers optimal control and feel, while a convenient hand position guide makes it an all-around winner for players of all skill levels.
• C2 ($3.99) - Features CHAMP's diamond design pattern for comfort and control. An excellent replacement grip at a value price.
• C1- Made from a super soft, super lightweight and great feeling polyurethane material, this distinctive putter grip incorporates a flat front design and diamond pattern for unmatched control on the greens. Offered in three sizes - small, medium and large.
With more than 100 active distributors, CHAMP is the world's largest manufacturer of replaceable spikes. The company produces more than 140 million spikes annually and is the dominant global brand in football, soccer, golf, baseball, cricket, rugby and other sports.