14 invited to U.S. Curtis Cup practice
By Julie Williams, Golfweek
The U.S. Golf Association released its list of
the first Curtis Cup practice session, which will
place Jan. 31-Feb. 2 at Champions Golf Club in
The matches will be played June 6-8 at St.
Country Club, and the final squad will consist
St. Louis native Ellen Port, a six-time USGA
and two-time U.S. Curtis Cup Team member,
as captain of the U.S. team.
The list of invitees:
• Casie Cathrea, Livermore, Calif.
• Doris Chen, Bradenton, Fla.
• Karen Chung, Livingston, N.J.
• Lauren Diaz-Yi, Thousand Oaks,
• Kyung Kim, Chandler, Ariz.
• Alison Lee, Valencia, Calif.
• Erynne Lee, Silverdale, Wash.
• Ally McDonald, Fulton, Miss.
• Nicole Morales, South Salem, N.Y.
• Grace Na, Alamedia, Calif.
• Annie Park, Levittown, N.Y.
• Ashlan Ramsey, Milledgeville, Ga.
• Mariah Stackhouse, Riverdale, Ga.
• Emma Talley, Princeton, Ky.
That list includes four USGA champions in Chen
U.S. Girls’ Junior), Diaz-Yi (2013 U.S. Women’s
Public Links), Kim (2012 U.S. Women’s Amateur
Links) and Talley (2013 U.S. Women’s
Lee is the top-ranked female in the World
An invitation to the USGA’s practice session
guarantee selection, and players not at the
not excluded from consideration. Conspicuously
from the list, however, is 2012 Curtis Cupper
Tubert. She is the only member of that eight-
squad still eligible to compete in 2014 as the
seven have turned professional. Also, no mid-
were invited to the practice session.
The U.S. team will be looking to reclaim the
after losing to Great Britain and Ireland in